Prom dresses can be a huge expense. Their cost can eat up your prom budget, making it hard to afford a great after-party, accessories and everything else related to this special night. A cheaper and more affordable prom dress is a good solution if your budget just won’t allow for everything. But where can you shop for more affordable prom dresses? JVN designs are one option.
They are at a lower price point than many major prom brands, making them more accessible and budget-friendly for teens. The 2022 collection includes all of the latest trends and offers a wide range of silhouettes and colors. This means you don’t have to sacrifice style or quality.
Find Cheap Prom Dresses Online
One of the best places to start your search for an affordable prom dress is online. Browsing through the prom dress stores will give you a good feel for the types of dresses and brands that are available, and which ones fit your amount of money you want to spend.
Remember to check the dresses for quality and material type, as many of the cheapest prom dresses available will cut corners to make their dresses cheaper. If possible, find a good balance between price and quality, to ensure the dress will fit you well.
Here are a few quick tips to help you find prom dresses for cheaper:
- Wait for sales at local boutiques or stores – This is a simple way to get a percentage off the tag price, which could mean upgrading the type of dress you end up with. If you’re not sure when a store will have a sale next, simply ask in store or politely e-mail customer service.
- Look out for discount codes – Some online stores release discount codes to new customers or during sale season. Sign up to your favorite store’s newsletter and use discount code finding apps such as Honey. These will keep you in the loop if a new discount code is released for your favorite place.
- Compare prices – If a local boutique has a dress you’ve fallen in love with, take a note of its style number before you buy it. Search other online stores and boutiques for the same style – you could strike it lucky and find it elsewhere for a little bit cheaper.
- Avoid knock-offs and counterfeit brands – You’ll end up with a low-quality dress that is often un-wearable! Don’t waste money on a very cheap prom dress. You will often end up disappointed if you order a counterfeit item, as many are quickly manufactured and often have a strange, unflattering shape when they arrive! Save your money for a dress that is at a good quality level from a reputable store but still fits your budget.
- Enter Prom Dress giveaways and competitions – You never know, you could end up with a completely free prom dress! Often, brands give runners-up a voucher to use for a new prom dress too. Enter any giveaways or competitions you spot online.
- Keep it simple and classy – Simple prom dresses are often more affordable because they’re not fully beaded or use multiple layers of fabric. Look for dresses made from simple jersey fabric if you want a sexy, bodycon dress with a red carpet feel. You can always add additional sparkle with accessories and jewelry.
Reliable Prom Dress Websites
Make sure you only shop from reliable prom dress websites. You should search for a site that only stocks the best brand names and has a focus on quality. This is still achievable, even on a tight budget. There are several online prom dress stores that stock JVN dresses. These are our official retailers who have guaranteed authentic dresses. This is a quality assurance that will help you choose a dress that is good value for money and fashion-forward. Always check a brand’s site to make sure the website you’re buying from is an official stockist.
Average Prom Dress Prices
Depending on the brand and style you choose, prom dresses can range from under $100 all the way up to over $1,000. The average spent by most teens has been found to be approximately $900. However, there is nothing wrong with spending less or more! It’s completely up to you, the type of dress you want and the amount your parents want to spend on a dress too.
Tips for Buying Affordable Prom Dresses
Try before you buy. If you’ve found your prom dress at a local boutique or store, make sure you try it on and examine the quality first hand. If your dress is online and will be delivered to you, check the site’s return policy and make sure you can send it back for a full refund if it doesn’t live up to your expectations.
Customize the look! Just because your dress is more affordable, doesn’t mean you can’t create your ideal prom look. You can add a few of your own customizations to make it really stand out. Add a brooch or if you’re good at sewing, you can hand-stitch your own beads or custom design onto a simple dress. Get experimental and feel free to personalize your prom dress. It’s a one night experience and you deserve to stand out.
Focus on color. Often, the color of a prom dress is the biggest focal point. Choose a dress with a unique tone that really suits you. Add statement accessories that match the color well, even add a dash of print or multi-color earrings if you’re feeling bright! This is an easy way to make a simple dress more unique. A clutch or pair of earrings can also make for great statement accessories to take your whole outfit to a new level.
Try out a short prom dress. Shorter dresses can look just as beautiful for prom and are actually becoming more popular. They’re super comfortable to wear and easy to dance in. Shorter dresses can also be slightly cheaper. If you’re interested in a short look, don’t forget to explore this as an option!